12th International Workshop on Fast Ignition of Fusion Targets
Napa Marriott Hotel, Napa Valley, CA
November 4-8, 2012
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the 12th International Workshop on Fast Ignition of Fusion Targets, taking place from November 4-8, 2012, in Napa Valley, California. The workshop, held every two years, brings together the leading international researchers in the field of Fast Ignition Inertial Confinement Fusion (ICF). This workshop will continue the series of successful International Workshops on Fast Ignition, the most recent of which were held in Shanghai, China (2010), Crete (2008), and Boston, USA (2006).
The program will include oral and poster presentations as well as discussion sessions focused on the current status of Fast Ignition research and mapping out strategic directions going forward. The meeting will follow the same informal, interactive atmosphere of past workshops in the series.
- Electron-based fast ignition schemes
- Proton/ion-based fast ignition schemes
- Integrated target designs
- Relativistic intensity laser-plasma interaction physics
- Fast electron generation and characterization
- Fast electron transport in dense plasma
- Intense particle beam acceleration
- Implosion physics
- Innovative concepts (including shock ignition, hybrid ignition schemes, etc.)
We look forward to seeing you in Napa!
Pravesh Patel (Co-chair)
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Farhat Beg (Co-chair)
University of California at San Diego