About the 2016 Annual Meeting of the National User Facility Organization (NUFO)
The 2016 Annual Meeting of the National User Facility Organization (NUFO) will be held at the National Ignition Facility (NIF), Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory on June 14-16, 2016.
This year's theme, "Power in Numbers: Building Partnerships and Common Standards across User Facilities" will challenge attendees to develop shared practices for improving users’ experience, and create community performance standards to facilitate easier multi-facility use and collaboration.
- Federated Systems and Information Standards: Potential Benefits to Users, Facility Mangers, and Administrators
- What tools are available, who is using them, and why?
- Streamlining Training and Facility Access and Improving the User Experience.
Who Should Attend?
NUFO is a "community of communities." We invite User Executive Committee representatives, facility managers, user administrators, data systems personnel, communications professionals and facility users to participate in this community dialogue by bringing their unique perspectives and experience to the meeting. Meeting will include both plenary and breakout sessions on topics of interest to all communities.
- Benjamin Brown, Senior Science & Technology Advisor, U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science
- Matthew Hawkins, Director, Large Facilities Office, National Science Foundation
NOTE: Attendance at the 2016 NUFO Annual Meeting is exempt from DOE’s Conference Management System.
- $175 (Includes Meeting Fees and Banquet)